1 litre apples, diced
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
350 g Dansukker Granulated Sugar
100 ml oil
1 tsp Dansukker Vanilla Sugar
200 g flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
200 ml chopped pecans
1. Set the oven temperature to 175 °C.
2. Grease a 23x3 cm cake tin.
3. Peel and dice the apples.
4. Mix the sugar and lemon juice with the diced apples.
5. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pecans in a bowl.
6. Beat the eggs until light and fluffy.
7. Pour the eggs, oil and vanilla into the apple and sugar mixture.
8. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for approx. 1 hour. Insert a cocktail stick into the centre of the cake and check that the stick comes out dry.
9. Leave the cake to rest for a couple of hours before serving.
Whisk together 100 ml whipping cream, 250 g mascarpone and one vanilla pod. Whisk in 3- 4 tbsp apple cider to taste.
Recipe Annelie Bengtsson, Köping, Sweden